Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dial "MM" for Mouth-breather Murder

Date: April 14, 2007
Location: Mr. F
Air temp: mid 50s
Water temp: ???
Hatches: Little flying things and medium tan flying things
Fish landed: 5


I drove into the parking lot at Mr. F to find a grisly sight. In the middle of the lot were the remains of some woodland critters.




While we await the initial forensic report, my investigative skills are well on their way in solving the case. As is their M.O., the killers were careless, and left a telltale clue.

A Mouth-breather bucket. Dirty, white, and sporting a cheap beer logo. Normally used for transporting worms, tackle or other assorted MB trinkets, or used for sitting when their knuckles get tired, this one had a far darker purpose.

All signs point to your average meth fueled blood orgy, a practice reportedly common amongst the worm dunkers and their ilk. We could only hope the poor little critters didn't suffer too much.

Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan



The sun was shining and the water was clear. I started upstream from the lot and caught a few by the bridge at the start. After making my way upstream a ways, tossing streamers in some large holes, I saw an armada of kayaks. I hiked back to the lot and headed downstream, where I think I caught the same 15"er I got the last time I was at Mr. F.

I ended the day
back by the bridge catching one or two on a dry, and quit when my fly got caught in my shirt collar.

Meanwhile, the wheels of justice turn, and the perpetrators of this heinous crime shall be brought before the law.

No comments: