Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Smile you sun of a B#~%@

Date: Sept. 10, 2007
Location: trizzy
Air temp: 70s
Water temp: ???

Hatches: ?
Fish landed: 1 muskie a few northerns and millions of bass

Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

QuickDraw (spin fishing)
Naaz(non-F.A.G.)

Well it was another banner day on the Trizzy, we started out the day eating freshly microwave Lebanese meat pies that would haunt naaz' gut all day (white boy). We made our way out to the trizzy at the azz crack of 10am. It didn't take long to get rigged up and fishing.

We spent most of the day hitting the J-hole for the first few hours we would drift across the J-hole casting, it didn’t take long before the first fish was in the boat a nice bass. I hooked into him and pulled him in with a small fight, naas netted him and as I was dislodging the hook from his jaw he started flopping around which caused a hook to go through my index finger it hurt so much I was squealing like a little girl. Naas helped me unhook my finger and the fish, and then he took this picture.

Shortly after that we each hooked into northerns mine being a slight bit bigger than naazez. We estimated mine at 30" not a bad fish but no monster.

We then decided it was time to get our troll on. After a short time trolling I hooked into something large and since I was using my light weight rod with 8 pound test line I didn’t want to horse him in. I honestly don’t think the fish knew he was hooked until he got up to the boat the first time. Once he saw us he got pissed. For the next 10 minutes or so I was fighting the fish and he was taking out line like crazy. We ended up boating him without too much trouble.

We did see one really large muskie he was probably slightly over 40" and fat, but he didn't seem too interested in what we were throwing, just swimming through.

The rest of the day we caught millions of small bass with a few smaller muskie sightings peppered into the mix. It was a great day to be outside though.

No comments: