Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pork Pork

Date: April 6, 2008
Location: EPB&G spot
Air temp: mid 40s
Water temp: ?
Hatches: lots of something
Fish landed: 7 (1 brook, 7 browns)


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan

Non Members:
Mark


The early season continues to kick ass. Not realizing the Curd had been blown out just a day prior, we arrived at Eagle Pass to find Timbo's car. We also found 5 other cars, so we decided to seek out calmer waters. We got to the EP Spot to find the lot empty.

I started fishing the slow water by the access point without much luck. As I moved up, the rain started, and so did the fish. I landed a couple browns pushing 17", and a 16" by the head of the riffle.

Fishing a nice, deep run just upstream, I was able to land a couple more, before calling it a day. When I met up with Mark, he told me of his banner day, roughly 17 fish landed.

Reports from Timbo and his friend also indicated a spectacular haul. All hail the early season and the Curd river.

7 comments:

bchubnut said...

16-17" fish??? and multiple ones at that? come on...has the Curd turned into a different river since I left?

Xan said...

The fish have all grown up since you left.

bchubnut said...

i think someone needs to buy xan a new ruler...wait, don't you have one built into your net?

Xan said...

My net is no more. I broke it in half at the Brule.

Don't deny the piggy.

bchubnut said...

ah HA! so you really don't have an accurate way of measuring these supposed hogs. Now I see what the story is...

QuickDraw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xan said...

Shut yer pie hole! I fold my schlong in half and measure against that.

Or, I held them up to my rod and later measured that with a tape measure.

Either/or.