Monday, August 31, 2009

Curd Hoss

Dates: August 22, 2009
Location: Various parts of the Curd
Air temp: upper 70s
Water temp: ?
Hatches: ?
Fish landed: 6 (3 brooks, 3 browns)



Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan
QD


After scrapping a planned float due to bullshit hot weather and wind conditions, Quick and I decided to canoe the Canyon on this day. But, QD wasn't feeling well in the morning, so we decided to keep it simple and do a normal outing.

We went to the Curd instead, first going to QD's favorite run. We soon discovered it was really friggin' cold to be wet wading, but pushed ahead anyways. We didn't catch shit there.

Next up, was the Great Lawn. Finding a mouth-breathing family fishing from the bridge, we walked upstream to the first pool, where I was able to land one or two. We hiked up a bit, but low levels and the bright sun made for more futility.

To end the day, we decided to hit the EP spot. I started casting from the mousin' stations, and landed a brookie right away. QD went downstream and I went up. Landing a few more fish here and there, I made my way back to the stations, were I met up with QD, who unfortunately had gotten the skunk.

After the fishing was done, we went to town, where they were holding their annual summer festival. We saw the largest horses I've ever seen, paired up and pulling sleds laden with huge concrete blocks. We sampled various culinary delights, and then went back home, to tell all of the feats of strength we had witnessed.

2 comments:

Scott said...

does anyone read this anymore with the very infrequent postings. As the F.A.G. historian I expected more from you.

QuickDraw said...

I read it.