Monday, June 14, 2010

Not All Who Wander Catch Fish

Dates: April 4, 2010
Location: Warwick
Air temp: ?
Water temp: ?
Hatches: ?

Fish landed: around 3

Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan



Needing to feel the tug of an actual fish on my line , I went to the Warwick.  I went to a spot up from the park that I had fished once before, and hiked downstream to do some exploring.  As is usually the case with exploring, I didn't catch shit, nor did I find much good water.

Driving back toward the park, I went to one of my money runs.  Landing a few small bows, I decided to do some more exploring to finish the day.  I had never gone upstream from the bridge at this spot, and I was rewarded with the only decent fish of the day.  Casting my nymphs in a shallow riffle, I hooked into a bow that put up an acrobatic fight.  It wasn't huge, but after the dinky bows prior, it was nice to catch a fish.  The rest of the exploratory mission was the usual crap.

No comments: