Monday, May 4, 2009

A River Runs Down It Pt. Deux

Dates: April 26, 2009
Location: Various parts of the Warwick
Air temp: 50s
Water temp: ?
Hatches: ?
Fish landed: A few


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan
TAFKAY


TAFKAY wanted to go fishing, and I wanted to show him the waterfall, so we did both. The day had a steady drizzle which we thought would work to our advantage. When we arrived at the falls, I set up TAFFY at the base, while I climbed up to the next level to settle some scores. All the level 2 fish I had hooked into the prior day had popped off, so I was determined to land one. I finally landed a nice bow up there (and had a few other pop off). Satisfied, I went back down to the base to see how TAFKAY was doing. Things were slow, but we fished the area relentlessly, eventually pulling out a few fish. After many hours, we were soaked and tired, and left to fish the falls another day.

No comments: