Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sky Carp of A Feather Die Together


Dates: May 8, 2009
Location: New Spot & Various parts of the Warwick
Air temp: ?
Water temp: ?
Hatches: ?
Fish landed: A few


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan


A very sincere apology to my reader for the great delay in getting posts out. I can't say I'll be better in the coming months, but with the lack of rain, I can say I probably won't be fishing as much. With that said, on to some blog updates.

Through the power of the Interweb, a few new spots on an old river had come to our attention. With the use of the latest in satellite imagery (Google Maps), I was able to locate a baby waterfall and dam just above the Canyon. There were a couple of folks fishing the falls when I arrived, so I decided to check out the dam. While I didn't find many fish, I did find a gosling massacre. Climbing around some rocks, I almost stepped on a wounded gosling that was struggling to get away. A few feet away, I found another that had gotten its neck caught in a branch along a rock wall, effectively hanging itself. Good times!

As the fishing was slow, I decided to head over to the Warwick to fish a run I had made a mental note to hit a few trips ago. A caddis hatch was going on, and I was able to land my season's first trout on a dry, which also happened to be the only fish I would land on a dry that day. As the fishing slowed again, I headed toward the waterfall, only to find a mouth-breather and his son had been fishing the area since the morning. I was able to land a few fish, though nothing of size. I did, however, find fish on the third level of the falls. After an honest day on the rivers, I called it and went home.


1 comment:

QuickDraw said...

if I'm the reader, does that make you Kate Winslet, I hope so.