Monday, August 27, 2007

Produce

Date: August 18, 2007
Location: EP Spot
Air temp: 70s
Water temp: ???
Hatches: ?
Fish landed: 4 (2 small brookies and 2 brown)


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan
QD


I apologize to my regular reader, I've been amiss in my blogging duties. Well, I have indeed been fishing, trying to enjoy the last of the season before my suicide watch begins anew.

Last week, Quickie and I went to the EP Spot on the Curd River. After a prolonged hot spell, we finally got an extended period of storms (which is still going on as of this writing). The prospect of lightening keeps the average anglers at home and the mouth-breathing worm dunkers huddled in their meth dens. The Savage Angler, a true F.A.G., is not deterred by such trivialities.

We had the river pretty much to ourselves, though the overcast skies and rainfall did not produce as we hoped. The water levels were reasonable, but still a bit shallow. The fish were spooky, though I was still able to nymph out a few fish here and there.

For the second time this season, QD's keen eye spotted wild fruit along the stream path. This time, we came across plum trees. They were quite small, about the size of a $.25 gum ball, but somewhat sweet.

Of course, meager plums would not satisfy the hunger after a long day of fishing, so we went to Shady Grove for some curds and fine grub.

No comments: