Monday, March 16, 2009

Early Season Cak

Dates: March 14, 2009
Location: EPB&G Spot
Air temp: 50s
Water temp: 40
Hatches: midges
Fish landed: 1 Brown


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

QD
the Lawyer(non UMFAG)

Well it was a great day, we started out by hitting the "Sportsman's Wherehouse" liquidation sale. it wasn't that great, 10-20% off i didn't end up buying anything.

We drove through the little unincorporated town to scope conditions, and found a shit ton of people fishing there for the second week in a row.

made it to the spot(cak), and started to get ready. didn't notice that many people fishing in that spot which is always cool. I did notice that the water was down a bit from where it was last week and fairly clear. Made my way down river and fished all of the good spots on my way, trying every early season fly that I had(no dries though). I had one strike all day on a red San Juan, pulled in a healthy 14"er that still had some spawning colors. Mark landed 3 browns and had around 10 strikes on kastmasters.

I fished my way up river back to mark and despite the slow fishing it was a beautiful day outside and I had a good time. we ended the day at "Sunsets" bar and grill, had some chicken wings and a turkey bacon sandwhich, with carmalized onions it was damn good.

-QD

No comments: