Sunday, March 29, 2009

Geocaching My Balls


Dates: March 21, 2009
Location: Upper & Canyon
Air temp: 40s?
Water temp: ?
Hatches: ?
Fish landed: 3


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

QD
Coach
Xan


I met up with Quick and Coach at the parking lot of a spot above the Canyon. It was a bright and sunny Saturday morning, and the only other folks around were a group of kayakers. Water levels were slightly low, with a bit of a tint. QD and I walked upstream a bit, where I began to fish. While casting and conversing with Quick, who was on the bank setting up, I noticed a plastic water bottle wedged into the crack of a tree by him. I pointed it out, and upon his investigation, Quick reported that it was a geocache. In true Guild fashion, QD left his signature mark on the cache, and we continued on fishing.

With little action, we decided to head to the Canyon. We found many other fishermen there, but pressed on regardless. We hiked and fished our way past the alpha hole, with little reward. Coach caught one, while I caught three, neither of us getting anything of size. Regardless, I was triumphant over the mouth-breather.


No comments: