Saturday, July 31, 2010

Piece of Bass

Dates: June 20, 2010
Location: Warwick
Air temp: ?
Water temp: ?
Hatches: ?

Fish landed: a few trout and 1 smallie

Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:
 
Xan
 
 
It had been a while since I'd gone fishing, and an even longer while since I'd been downstream of Warwick park, so it was time to remedy those things.  After driving around town, I finally figured out how to get to the access point I hadn't been to in years.  Since it's that kind of year, I started downstream (explore!).  I ran into a couple mouth-breathers as I was making my way along the river.  A bit downstream of them I caught a small trout.  I fished my way back to the car, then continued on briefly upstream.  By the bridge I landed a smallmouth bass.  Not able to find a decent trail, I made my way back to the car and went to the waterfall.

It was a nice sunny day, and the waterfall was a zoo.  People were crawling around every level of the falls.  Some mouth-breathers were fishing the main floor, while swimmers were jumping down into it.  I started at the second level and caught a few dinkers.  As I cast, I heard the unmistakable sound of bagpipes.  I looked across, and saw a small wedding ceremony being performed in the shallows on the edge of the falls. 

I think the other fisherman got tired of people jumping into the river, as they left not long after I got there.  So, I took some pokes in there before leaving.  I caught a lot of chubs and a few trout.  Nothing of size landed that day, but a unique day nonetheless.
 

No comments: