Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Date: March 23, 2008
Location: Curd (Bridge)
Air temp: low 30s
Water temp: ???
Hatches: black midges
Fish landed: 4 (browns)


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan


It was time to stop fucking around. Fuck this winter, fuck the ice, fuck paltry fish. Resurrection. This was the word. On Easter, it hath be. I fired up the golden chariot and headed to Quickdraw's favorite spot on the Curd. This is a place with trout, trout with girth, in places I have known.

The gauges on the Curd were measuring normal water levels and flows. The ice here, if there had been much, was gone. I went right to the sure run, and the river provideth.

In quick time, I was into trout. I landed four right away, two around 14" and plump. After the 4th, I spent a goodly amount of time trying to retrieve my flies from a high tree branch, because I'm a cheap ass. The 5th trout proved elusive. The first attempt freed itself mid-fight. The second was landed, but of undetermined hooking. The third, I merely flipped in place.

I made my way out of the run and decided to drive to a spot up-river, which I had heard was newly open to public use. I found the area still posted, and with the temperature dropping slightly, I called it good and then called it a day.

It begins again. Now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.