Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Iceflow Cometh

Date: March 22, 2008
Location: Warwick
Air temp: low 30s
Water temp: ???
Hatches: ?
Fish landed: skank


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan


With week 2 being too fucking cold, and taking week 3 off to "recharge" in San Francisco, I headed back to the Warwick to see if the recent thaw had shed its icy exoskeleton. I had received reports that conditions were good below the dam, but I was keen on visiting my favorite haunts above. Indeed, most of the ice was gone, though the banks still had a stubborn (and thick) layer.

While I could now wade in the river, the flow was stronger than normal and the water carried a dark tint. I tried my two money spots, but it was all in vain. Cold and unusually tired, I called it early and went home to sleep for 14 hours.

This winter cannot end soon enough.

1 comment:

QuickDraw said...

"Cold and unusually tired"

haha yea that's a good one mang
Unusually tired. hah