Sunday, March 30, 2008

Piggies - Powered by: Bacon

Date: March 30, 2008
Location: EP Spot
Air temp: mid 40s
Water temp: ??
Hatches: midges
Fish landed: 9


Present members of the Fly Anglers Guild :|: Upper Midwest Chapter, for this outing were:

Xan


After a lovely breakfast of bacon, English muffins, bacon, and bacon tea, I set off for an afternoon run at the Curd. I had some intel that Coach was at the Eagle, but I arrived too late. Finding a used car lot had appeared there, I made my way to the EP Spot, finding only a couple parked cars.

I started off in some slow water at the tail end of a run. Midges were coming up, and my emerger quickly took a couple nice hawgs. A 15" and 16"er came to hand, along with a couple other nice fish.

I headed downstream and landed some more fish on a red Copper John, all but one of decent size. The early season continues to be wicked hella rad. Word.

1 comment:

bchubnut said...

HOGWASH. 14", 15", 16"?!?!?! Where are the pics?! This is probably just a big April Fools joke.